What is the VLSB+C?
The Victorian Legal Services Board and Commissioner (VLSB+C) is a group authorised by the state of Victoria to help you if you have a problem with your lawyer. Asking your lawyer questions can help you to understand the legal process, create a better partnership, and get the best outcome.
It is your lawyer’s responsibility to:
- Keep your information confidential (private).
- Ask your lawyer: How will you make sure my information stays confidential (private)?
- Make sure your legal needs come first, not theirs or other people’s.
- Ask your lawyer: How will you act in my best interests?
- Have no conflict of interest.
- Ask your lawyer: Have you or any other lawyer that works with you ever helped someone that is connected to my case?
To find information in your preferred language:
- Visit the VLSB+C website: https://yourrighttoask.vic.gov.au
- Click on the ‘Translate’ button, then select the “文/A” icon and choose your preferred language.
If you want more information in your preferred language, please dial TIS National on 131 450 and speak to one of their friendly team members. They can connect you with an interpreter to speak to the VLSB+C.
- 请浏览VLSB+C网站： https://yourrighttoask.vic.gov.au
如果您想用自己熟悉的语言获取更多信息，请拨打TIS National电话131 450，咨询他们友善的工作人员。 他们可以为您联系一名口译员，便于您与VLSB+C交谈。