“Screen Presence 23” Chinese Australian Film Festival (银屏华风迎新年)
Date: Sunday January 29, 2023
Venue: The Capitol theatre, 113 Swanston St, Melbourne.
• 10:00AM Discussion: Screen Presence (Session 1)
• 11:45AM Screening: Shanghai Express 上海快车 (1932) 82 mins (Session 2)
• 2:00PM Screening: Floating Life 浮生 (1996) 95 mins (Session 3)
• 4:30PM Screening: Mao’s Last Dancer 毛泽东时代的最后舞者 (2009) 117 mins (Session 4)
• 7:15PM Screening: The Home Song Stories 意 (2007) 103 mins (Session 5)
Tickets: $19 Single Session, $81.80 Festival Pass
(use promo code CHINESEMUSEUM to get $2.00 discount)
To purchase tickets: https://www.eventbrite.com.au/e/screen-presence-23-tickets-482839605257
Special guests and leading members of the Australian film industry, such as Benjamin Law, Li Cunxin AO (Mao’s Last Dancer) and Tony Ayres, join filmmaker and host Rosie Lourde in a day featuring screenings, conversations and meditations on their experience, cultures and identity, the hurdles still being faced, and the discoveries being made as the Chinese Australian identity continues to evolve.