Australia needs overseas workers in key sectors
Australia is currently facing its largest skilled labour shortage in decades. The National Skills Commission’s 2022 Skill priority report found that in the past year, skill shortages across various industries nearly doubled.
Skilled migration has an important role in helping address these skill gaps and workforce shortages, so the Australian Government recently announced that an additional 35,000 places are available for the 2022-23 skilled migration program. The number of permanent visas for 2022-23 has increased from 160,000 to 195,000 places. Of these, 142,400 are for skilled visas.
- Australia needs skilled workers from industries including education, healthcare, infrastructure, and information and communications technology (ICT).
- Opportunities are available for those abroad and those currently in Australia on temporary visas.
- Skilled visas offer permanent residency and pathways to Australian citizenship.
- Australia is a great choice because:
- There are exciting opportunities for career advancement.
- You can be part of Australia’s diverse and inclusive culture.
- Australia is a safe and secure place for families.
- You can benefit from Australia’s world-class healthcare system.
To learn more about the different skilled visa pathways visit the Smart Move Australia website at https://www.smartmoveaustralia.gov.au/