Indigenous Voice to Parliament Referendum Will Be Held on 14 October 2023
- 为了尊重和承认原住民族，投 YES! | For Respect and Recognition of Indigenous people, Vote YES!
- 为了更好的效果和弥合差距，投 YES! | For Better Results and Closing the Gap, Vote YES!
- 为了愈合与和解，投 YES! | For Healing and Reconciliation, Vote YES!
The ‘Proposed Law’ that Australians are being asked to vote upon is set out in the Constitution Alteration Bill. If approved at the referendum, the Bill would add the following words to the Constitution:
Chapter IX Recognition of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples
129 Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Voice
In recognition of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples as the First Peoples of Australia:
- there shall be a body, to be called the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Voice;
- the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Voice may make representations to the Parliament and the Executive Government of the Commonwealth on matters relating to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples;
- the Parliament shall, subject to this Constitution, have power to make laws with respect to matters relating to the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Voice, including its composition, functions, powers and procedures.
For more information: